- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Cusco – Chilca – Suyrucochapampa (4,500m /14,763ft)
We will leave Cusco at about 9am and take a 4-hour ride to Chilca Community. Then we walk up for one hour and half to Suyrucochapampa and we will stay the night there.
Suyrucochapampa - Campa Pass (5,050m/16,564ft) – Pacchanta (4,300m/14,104ft)
In the morning we will pass through large boulder fields and the snow-capped peaks of Tres Picos and Puca Punta will come into view. After passing through a small community the trail continues to the Campa pass (5,050m). From there we will descend for a few hours to the village of Pacchanta where we will stay at the home of the Crispin Family. In the evening we can visit thermal baths with beautiful views of Ausangate.
Pacchanta – Cusco
We can sleep in until whenever we like. After breakfast we will go by car and bus back to Cusco.
- All group camping equipment and tents
- Arrieros and horse service (will carry all expedition gear)
- Food from Lunch Day 1 until Lunch Breakfast Day 3.
- Entrance to zone & thermal baths
No details found.
- Trekking Boots (Waterproof)
- Clothing for hiking (light, breathable, quick drying)
- Clothing for cold and rain (down jacket and rain jacket/pants)
- Gloves (light or fingerless)
- Brimmed hat and winter beanie
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Sleeping Bag (0F / -18C) or (20F / -7C)
- Air or foam mattress
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar)
- Duffel Bag
It is very important to acclimatize properly. If you are just arriving to Cusco, I recommend at least 3 full nights in Cusco (3,300mts/10,824ft) before sleeping higher than 4,000mts (13,120ft).
It is recommendable to climb a peak of 5,500 meters, before a 6,000 meter peak if you have the time. If you are already well acclimated, it is possible to go directly to climb an easier 6,000mts peak like Ausangate, Chumpe or Yayamari. These guidelines should be regarded as the minimums. Often people have a tight schedule and want to do as much as possible with their time, but acclimatization is important for you to be able to accomplish your goals.