- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Would you like to see how a local family live in the high Andes? Pacchanta is an Alpaca herding community of the high Andes, at the foot of the great Nevado Ausangate, the highest mountain in the Cusco area. For years we have done expeditions in the area to climb the high mountains. Our good friends the Crispin family have their farm and pastures at the base of the mountains where they live with their alpaca herds, Luis and Eustakia have 5 kids and have worked with us for years. They live at 4,300m above sea level, where the harsh environment has shaped their way of life, living mainly on potatoes and alpaca meat for sustenance. You can stay at their home for a night or two in comfort, and see how the people of the high Andes live! They have private rooms with comfortable beds in an incredible setting, they are also great cooks and you will have the chance to try authentic local Andean food like alpaca, trout or cuy (guinea pig). Some activities you can do here are:
- Hike 1.5 hours to the lagoons at the foot of Ausangate, several blue - green lagoons at the foot of the mountain that make incredible photos. There are many trails through the pastures where you can see the alpacas grazing.
- Shop for local alpaca wool gifts, scarves, hats and Eustakias' special alpaca pants, that you wont find in Cusco
- Relax at the thermal baths of the village, with beautiful views of Ausangate. The baths are some of the hottest in the Cusco area.
- There are many good options for bouldering, with large rocks just behind the village.
- Learn about the way of life for Quechua speakers in the high Andes
No details found.
- Transportation roundtrip (Cusco - Tinki) (Tinki-Pacchanta) - Private taxi or Public bus service
- Private room with bed at family home
- Food (Lunch day 1 to Lunch day 2) (Dinner will be a choice of Alpaca, trout, cuy or vegetarian)
- Guide (the local family)
- Clothing for rain and cold
- Clothes for Thermal baths
No Details Found